Monday 25 June 2007

ctrl-alt-die

ctl-alt-die

Hi Everyone,

Ok so where do I start with this stuff, this is my first every blog (shock horror a blog virgin) and its a blog about general tech related stuff such as what I do either at work or just general cool stuff that I've either created or found on the net.

At the minute the biggest tech related stuff in my life are as follows:

  1. University
  2. MSP
  3. Work
So, the best place to start is probably at the top of the list:

3. Work

I'm currently working at a company in the midlands and am involved in an IT Support role, I am doing this to gain experience in the field of IT as I don't really have much hands on experience in the field all I have is what I have been taught through my education. Which as you can guess tends to change a lot when your in the workplace. No doubt i will cover all the trials and tribulations in later posts.

2. MSP

I am one of the lucky few in the UK to be selected to be part of the MSP program, which stands for Microsoft Student Partnership, this not only gives me great opportunities to view new products and experience many new tech related stuff, but also allows me to pass on my new found experiences to other students at my University. I'm soo stoked about the whole thing and can't wait to get into the full flow of the program.

1. University

Ok, so i lied and started from the bottom of the list (what a rouge). University is the thing which is dominating my life at the minute, I study Computing at Manchester Met Uni, and focus mainly on programming and web dev. I am really enjoying my time at uni (all be it after a rock start) and love doing the work especially the projects which i have to admit I'm kicking ass!! Along with uni will be stories about the guys I live with, I wouldn't say we are geeks cos we party like no body's business but we are really into all tech related stuff and even have old parts of motherboards and stuff to go on the walls of our flat (gotta love it), I can't wait to put it up.

Sweeeet, so i think i sorta lost my blog virginity, and will be posting all about my intrests in the future.

Until then, keep on truckin'

No comments: